The Depositary Receipt evidences the home market security which trades in a foreign country and it is custodised with a local bank, called the custodian.
Yield = (Dividend per share / Last market price) x 100.
For example: XYZ Ltd with $100,000 net assets and 10,000 shares issued has an Asset Backing of $10.00 per share.
The Market Rules also set out the requirements to become a Market Participant (commonly referred to as 'stockbroking organisations').
The Rules also set out the requirements to become a Participating Organisation (commonly referred to as 'stockbroking organisations') and an Affiliate.
Debt/Equity ratio = (total debt / shareholder equity) x 100
Dividend Cover ratio = (net profit / dividend paid)
1. shares in a body corporate or an unincorporated body other than redeemable preference shares which are Loan Securities in accordance with paragraph; (c)of the definition of Loan Securities
2. prescribed interests except those referred to in paragraph (d) of the definition of Loan Securities
3. renounceable and non-renounceable rights to subscribe for Securities other than Loan Securities
4. options over unissued Securities other than Loan Securities
5. convertible notes
6. any Securities which are determined by the Exchange to be Equity Securities, but does not include option contracts or Securities determined to be Loan Securities by the Exchange.
The share price may fall on the ex bonus date to reflect the dilution effect as the company's assets are spread over a greater number of shares on issue.
Interest Cover = Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) / Net Interest Payments = number of times covered.
P/E ratio = Price per Share
Earnings per share
Also known as Contributing Shares.
On the reset date, the issuer may adjust the exercise price (often called the 'Loan Amount' of the Instalment) with the objective of maintaining a desired gearing level.
A document with an identifying number that states that the person is a registered holder of a number of securities. Replaced by electronic holding statement in January 1999.