The Austraclear System
The Austraclear system provides settlement, depository and registry services for the Australian over-the-counter debt market.
It also facilitates the settlement of the Australian dollar leg of foreign exchange transactions. Benefits of the Austraclear system include providing:
- A secure, efficient and robust environment for processing high-value securities transactions and for the safekeeping of security holdings
- Flexible straight-through processing technologies that allow customers to choose between using an ASX proprietary protocol or the internationally recognised SWIFT protocol
- A range of connectivity options from dedicated proprietary networks to secure internet access
- Configurable reporting screens to monitor trade activity with PDF and CSV formatted reporting to simplify data manipulation and reconciliation.
The CHESS is a “name on register” system that provides clearing, settlement, depository and registry services for ASX-listed equity securities at the client account level.
CHESS has a comprehensive customer network, connecting to all major equity market participants including brokers, investment managers, custodians, share registries, settlement agents, banks and institutional investors.
- A secure, efficient and robust environment for processing the very high volume of security transactions that occur on the Australian equity market
- Straight-through processing technologies that facilitate trade confirmations, trade allocations, contract notes and settlement advice messaging
- “Delivery versus payment” which is the electronic transfer of title of securities while simultaneously facilitating the irrevocable transfer of money for those securities between participants and their respective banks
- A secure environment for the safekeeping of security holding records and for the calculation and protection of investors’ corporate action entitlements.